It’s official! The Lab Rat Open Skateboard Competition returns to Skatelab December 8th & 9th 2018. It’s going to be a BIG weekend! We’ll be giving away $1,000 in prize money. Yes, that’s right.. $1,000!!! This is an all ages contest on the big street course at Skatelab. With 6 different divisions, this contest is ideal for all ages and skill levels. Do not miss this very special event. This is your chance to win some real money!
$20 to register in advance or $30 to register on the day of the contest. Complete competition details and contest registration can be found below...
Thank you to our title sponsors
for making this event possible
WHEN IS IT:
– Saturday December 8th: Qualifiers beginning at 10am
– Sunday December 9th: Finals beginning at 10am
WHERE IS IT:
– Skatelab 4226 Valley Fair Street. Simi Valley
– Big Room Street Course (view course)
– All ages are welcome to participate
– Sponsored or un-sponsored riders encouraged to enter
– $20 if you register before the contest
– $30 on the day of the contest
HOW IT WORKS:
– Skaters must skate the qualifiers on Saturday
– (2) 45 second runs. Both runs count towards score
– Top 6 to 8 riders from each division will advance to the finals*
– Skaters can only ride in finals by qualifying on Saturday.
– (1) 45 second introduction run
– 20 minute judged jam format
– $1,000 in prize money for the top finalists
– Many additional product prizes from event sponsors
– All prize money is paid in cash on the day of the finals
PRIZE MONEY BREAKDOWN
– 19 & OVER + OPEN DIVISION: 1st = $300 / 2nd = $100 / 3rd = $50
– 16 TO 18 DIVISION: 1st = $200 / 2nd = $100 / 3rd = $50
– 13 TO 15 DIVISION: 1st = $50
– 10 TO 12 DIVISION: 1st = $50
– 7 TO 9 DIVISION: 1st = $50
– 6 AND UNDER DIVISION: 1st = $50
– 19 & OVER + OPEN DIVISION:
– 16 TO 18 DIVISION
– 13 TO 15 DIVISION
– 10 TO 12 DIVISION
– 7 TO 9 DIVISION
– 6 AND UNDER DIVISION
You are NOT required to enter your age division.
Any rider can enter the 19 & OVER + OPEN DIVISION.
“OPEN” means any age! For example, an advanced 12 year old may want to ride the “OPEN” division to have more competition or to have a chance at winning more prize money. Additionally, a rider has the option to ride their age division PLUS the open division. You would just have to pay the registration fee twice to ride in two divisions.
– Registering in advance is highly recommended.
– You can register online right now for $20 (scroll down)
– You can also pre-register by phone or at Skatelab
– Pre-register and practice for FREE on Friday & Saturday night
– It will cost $30 to register on the day of the contest
– There will be 3 guest judges during qualifiers and finals
– Riders are scored on style, use of course, degree of difficulty
– Each judge is highly qualified and uses fair and accurate criteria
– Each division will have a practice before the qualifiers and finals
– All pre-registered riders can practice for FREE Friday December 7th
and Saturday night December 8th after the qualifiers.
Skatelab and the Lab Rat Open are proud to be working in association with the following brands. We encourage you to support the brands that support the Lab Rat Open! SALT RAGS SKATE CO, VISIT SIMI VALLEY, VANS, GROM, GRIZZLY, BONES WHEELS, HUF, POWELL PERALTA, BONES BEARINGS, MINI LOGO, STAY FRESH SCENTS, MOON CHEESE GRIP, GLASSY EYEWEAR. These great, brands provide, the products that are used for prizes. VISIT SIMI VALLEY has donated the $1000 prize money for this event and we truly appreciate their generosity.
VISIT SIMI VALLEY encourages out of town visitors to consider
staying locally in one of our Simi Valley hotels. Please be sure to inquire
about the Skatelab rate with each hotel. Please visit the Visit Simi Valley
website for a detailed list of local hotels and attractions in our town.
FOLLOW THE LAB RAT OPEN
REGISTER ONLINE RIGHT HERE – $20
YOU CAN ALSO REGISTER BY PHONE
Fully refundable if you cancel at least 48 hours before the contest begins.
Make sure to provide the riders name and age in the fields above.
Signing up more than one rider? Please click “continue shopping” AFTER you’ve clicked “buy it now” for the first rider.